Our one‐on‐one pre‐purchase Counseling offers an in‐depth credit report analysis and budgeting to establish affordability, accessibility to down payment assistance and special financing programs. Counselors meet and follow up with clients until the purchase transaction is closed.
We work with the credit bureaus and your creditors to improve negative reported items that affect your credit score. We will ensure your credit history is up to day, accurate and reflects you honestly.
This is a free of charge service. Our one-on-one counseling program includes:
- Negotiating forbearance plans with lenders
- Assisting with the loan modification process
- Informing the clients of the consequences of the different options (e.g., loan modification, short sale, etc.) available to them
- Providing referrals to other related resources
- Searching for alternative housing.
Click here for a list of documents needed for your first appointment with a counselor.
This is the HEART of CAF’s Prevention Efforts!
- We use one-on-one budgeting counseling to help our clients stay in their homes.
- We work with households to define sustainable goals.
- We monitor progress towards self-sufficiency.
- We offer guidance as needed.